This course is for people who wish to hold the position of a slinger/signaller. As a safety critical operator, the slinger/signaller holds responsibility for the suspended load from the moment it leaves the ground to the point of landing, including the security of the load once it has been landed. The course is specifically designed to meet the current needs of industry and will provide the candidate with the knowledge and practical skills needed to prepare, guide and position suspended loads safely. We deliver three types of courses:
4-day entry level:
for people with no lifting experience 3-day standard:
for people with limited lifting experience 2-day experienced:
for people that have a minimum of 100 proven hours. Please note: The candidate must
have the hours required and have been signed off by a manager.
- UK legislation
- Lifting equipment appreciation
- Understand the risks and hazards involved in lifting operations
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Understand the vector forces that are placed upon lifting slings at various angles
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories and maintain and store them
On the successful completion of the theory and practical assessment, the candidate will be entitled to hold the CPCS Trained Operator (red) card that lasts for two years.